DNP is a nuclear physics research group which belongs to Ton Duc Thang University.
Established on December 1st, 2013, DNP aims to:
- Form a domestically and internationally prestigious research group;
- Attract senior professors and researchers to subsequently build a research and training center for nuclear physics;
- Develop applications in practice using nuclear technology and tools efficiently;
- Create potential collaborations with domestic or international institutes related to nuclear science that would help in the development of research projects at Ton Duc Thang University;
- Prepare the foundation to facilitate the human resource for training projects on nuclear physics and nuclear applications at the University.
As the first and only nuclear physics research group of Ton Duc Thang University, DNP firstly has the mission to develop research activities on nuclear physics in the University. Moreover, in the context that Vietnam is implementing a strategy to use nuclear energy for peaceful purposes as well as promote radiation technology in agriculture, industry and especially medicine, DNP has the ambition to contribute to the country's development of nuclear physics.